Welcome

Welcome to our Pre-K blog. Look here for posts with ideas for lessons, helpful websites, links to materials others have made, and many other great resources. Feel free to comment on anything you see and please share your ideas with us.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meet the Teacher night

What are you doing for Meet the Teacher night? I heard some great ideas at the meeting yesterday, but they were all different. Does anyone care to share what they do? What handouts do you have? What sign-ins/ups? What do you do with supplies?

You can respond to this post by clicking "Comments" at the end of the post. Type in your comments and ideas. Click "Post Comment". You will be asked to select a profile. Click on the drop down arrow and select a profile. If you have gmail, select the "Google Account" option and sign in with your Google account email and password. After you click "Post Comment" you will have to type in a word verification. This is to protect our blog from unwanted spam blogs. If you do not have a Google account, I can help you create one. I'm not sure how to post with the other profiles. I am looking in to that. Also, I am going to change some of the security options for posting. Hopefully, this will make it easier to post, but still keep the integrity of the blog.

If you have questions, email me at jennifer_cardenas@roundrockisd.org.

3 comments:

  1. I fixed the security settings making it easier to post. If you have problems let me know.

    Jennifer C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect supplies out in the hallway so the students and families can sort them out for me.

    Sometimes I have a packet of information ready for families. This year I don't. I intend to check off who attended and that's about it.

    Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have boxes that are labeled along the inside wall of my room (under the hooks) for the children to sort the supplies. I clearly tell the parents that the kids are to do it, with a little help if necessary, but they can see what is in each box and put the right things in.

    I always give them a "handbook" packet of all pertinent info including my daily schedule and usually my yearly unit plan, but this year I may be changing it up some as I go, based on need or student interest (and what fits with the ARRC) so I left that out.

    The parents also fill out an info page to give me before they leave about transportation, how they will eat, a brief checklist of skills (write name? restroom independently? recog. any letters? verbalize easily?), anything they want me to know about their child, any foods they can't eat or allergy/health issues, and (optional) if there are any holidays they don't want their child to participate in activities related to. Also primary language spoken at home and what name should I use to label.... nothing worse than labeling everything with Zanderell to find out he goes by Junior!

    ReplyDelete